These lists come from The Good Men Project
1. Tedium: You have the same argument over and over again and never resolve it.
2. Blame: Everything is always your fault. And I mean everything.
3. Guilt: You’re constantly apologizing, even for things you didn’t do.
4. Tension: When things are good, you’re waiting for the other shoe to drop.
5. Uncertainty: You never know who’s going to be there when you get home.
6. Frustration: Getting even the simplest things done is hugely complicated.
7. Hopelessness: You feel like there’s a dark cloud over your life that won’t go away—a permanent weather system that obscures the sun.
(The above list sums of my last relationship)
1. You respect each other’s differences and use them to your advantage.
2. You argue.
3. You are all in.
4. You stop hiding your flaws.
5. You communicate about sex.
6. Sometimes, you don’t communicate at all, you can sit comfortably in silence.
7. You maintain your identities.
8. You respect each other’s privacy.
9. You trust each other.
10. No conversation topic is taboo.
11. You have accepted each other’s pasts.
12. You support each other’s passions and endeavors.
13. You both continue putting effort in, long after you’ve already ‘gotten’ each other.
14. You are always open, honest, and direct with each other.
15. You want to be the best version of yourself, without changing who you really are.
(My current relationship is more like this!)