I have had a request for instructions for the DIY Christmas gifts I’m making this year. What is good about these gifts s they are also not Christmas/Holiday specific so they can work for gifts at any time and also never forget to make yourself a gift because you deserve it!
So, let’s do this!
- Wine bottles (as many as you like, I plan on doing 2 or 3 per person)
- Painters tape
- Spray paint (in the colour of your choice)
- Clean the bottles very well. Having dirty bottles could leave unpainted spots or cause the spray paint to not stick. Make sure the labels have been removed from the bottle (here’s a link for how to do it easily: Easiest Least Messy Way to Remove Labels from Wine Bottles)
- Lay painters tape in desired design over the bottle’s surface (painter’s tape is best because it comes off easy). Remember, where the tape is placed will remain the colour of the bottle so put tape everywhere you do not want paint.
- Follow directions on spray paint can for application. Spray the paint onto the bottle.
- Let dry.
- Once the bottle is dry you can remove the painter’s tape and reveal your design!
Note: It appears that you do not need a specific type of glass only spray paint. Keep in mind though that glass is a smooth surface so the paint will chip easily or over time. These are bottles are for decoration only. You can of course do touch ups if chips occur.
I’ll post another DIY gift with instructions tomorrow!